Due to Covid we have suspended our tutoring but we are partnered with BrightMinds Tutoring:
108 Kerr Ave. Suite J-2
Wilmington, NC 28405
Now offering virtual tutoring!
We highly recommend BrightMinds Tutoring!
We are a non-profit, 501C3, creating colorful solutions for Dyslexia, ADHD & ADD through Therapy, Educating, Advocating, and Mentoring. We also strive to build self-esteem by focusing on one's strengths through creative expression.
Blank Canvas Awareness Art’s goal is to provide:
Tools to the dyslexic community including assisted technology.
Educate communities and teachers about dyslexia.
Advocate for awareness, proper instruction, and proper accommodations.
Mentor children and adults that need support to build their self-esteem.
We believe in helping everyone discover their strengths and reach their full potential.
We prepare your child to self-advocate, learn assisted technology, and be a proud dyslexic.
We help adult individuals learn about assisted technology that can help in the workplace.
Want to join our TEAM? Contact Donna Gargett.
|Schedule a FREE chat to see how we can help.|
|Learn more about assisted technology||Attend an Awareness Art Show||Sign our petition||Kid's Club Meet Up|
|Build Self-esteem||Schedule a presentation at work/school||Connect with other parents||Literacy with animals
|Find your strength workshop. Explaining the science of reading.||Community Engagement Request||Contact your representative||The book club- what audiobook are you listening to?|
|Therapy with a licensed therapist||Take a workshop||IEP information/ file a compliant||Art show prep- join the art committee|
Services BCAA provides:
- Support/referrals/resources for testing and tutoring.
- Find a Mentor-work one-on-one with a trained mentor.
- Get support/referrals/resources.
- Attend an event. Monthly Kid’s Club- where you can meet other kids that have learning differences and participate in a cool art project. Family event options too!
- Schedule a presentation at a school to educate teachers. You can also schedule a presentation at your work to help bring resources into the workplace. Schedule a presentation at the school to help kick off your Dyslexia Awareness Campaign.
- Apply to our yearly scholarship program.
Awareness Art Show
We provide community engagement opportunities for the public to learn more about dyslexia. Some of these presentations involve a simulation, using items from the facility that is hosting. For example, if we are at a restaurant we change the menu to make it difficult to read so people can experience the difficulties a person with dyslexia experiences. This provides a more authentic experience.
We also provide education through awareness art shows. We have had adult dyslexics submit artwork from all over the world and had local art shows.
How to build your child’s toolkit?
Why Choose Us
- Dedicated Instructors
- We Help All Kids
- Affordable Rates